7 Malaysians Injured in Fire

Seven students of the Russian State Medical University, all Malaysian citizens, were hospitalized early Sunday after a fire broke out on the 11th floor of their dormitory in southwestern Moscow, RIA-Novosti reported.

All victims had smoke poisoning, and one female student also received burns covering 20 percent of her body, an Emergency Situations Ministry spokesman told RIA-Novosti.

The fire was started by a heater unit that ignited the wallpaper in the hall of the dormitory after being left on for the night, he said.

(MT)


Read more