Support The Moscow Times!

7 Malaysians Injured in Fire

Seven students of the Russian State Medical University, all Malaysian citizens, were hospitalized early Sunday after a fire broke out on the 11th floor of their dormitory in southwestern Moscow, RIA-Novosti reported.

All victims had smoke poisoning, and one female student also received burns covering 20 percent of her body, an Emergency Situations Ministry spokesman told RIA-Novosti.

The fire was started by a heater unit that ignited the wallpaper in the hall of the dormitory after being left on for the night, he said.

(MT)


Read more

Independent journalism isn’t dead. You can help keep it alive.

The Moscow Times’ team of journalists has been first with the big stories on the coronavirus crisis in Russia since day one. Our exclusives and on-the-ground reporting are being read and shared by many high-profile journalists.

We wouldn’t be able to produce this crucial journalism without the support of our loyal readers. Please consider making a donation to The Moscow Times to help us continue covering this historic time in the world’s largest country.