The IOC is finalizing a letter to Olympic athletes reminding them to refrain from demonstrations or political gestures during the Winter Games in Sochi, including any protests against Russia's law banning gay "propaganda."
- Lady Gaga Calls for Boycott of Sochi Games (Video)
- Check Reveals Violations in University Dismissals
- Prosecutor General's Office Hints at New Charges for Khodorkovsky
- What the Papers Say, Dec. 9, 2013
- Today in History, Dec. 9
- Ukraine Opposition Fears Provocation to Justify Crackdown
- Ukraine Opposition Rally Keeps Pressure on Yanukovych
- German President Won't Attend Sochi Olympics
- New Russian Translation of Quran Proposed After 'Extremist' Ban
- Communist Deputy Attacked
- Federal Judge Beaten in Moscow Cafe Brawl
- Top U.S. Diplomat to Visit Moscow
President Vladimir Putin on Monday issued a decree ordering the liquidation of RIA Novosti, the massive state-owned news agency, and mandated the creation of a new global news agency to be headed by a polarizing television personality.