Seventy-three people were hospitalized after a chlorine leak at a water distribution company in Tbilisi, Georgia, late Tuesday. "About 30 patients are still in the hospital, but the majority of them will be discharged by the end of the day," city official Temur Grigalashvili said Wednesday.
The leak was caused by the malfunction of a tap on a tank containing chlorine. Nearly half of those hospitalized were on a bus that passed through the area, Grigalashvili said.
The leak is no longer a threat to people or the environment, Environment Minister Goga Khachidze said.