Support The Moscow Times!

Girl Electrocuted by Tablet in Bathtub

A 17-year-old girl in Moscow died Monday after apparently charging her tablet in the bathroom while taking a bath, Interfax reported.

Police believe the girl had taken the electronic gadget into the bathroom with her and left it plugged in to recharge, but it fell into the water and electrocuted her, Interfax reported, citing a spokeswoman for the Moscow branch of the Investigative Committee.

The girl's mother called police after finding her daughter in the water, the report said. Investigators have opened a check to determine all the circumstances of the incident.

In February, a teenager in Russia's Yamal-Nenets autonomous district died after touching a wet tablet. Last year, a man in Irkutsk was electrocuted after taking his laptop computer with him while he took a bath.

See also:

Globetrotting U.S. Cyclist Killed in Russia

Read more

Independent journalism isn’t dead. You can help keep it alive.

The Moscow Times’ team of journalists has been first with the big stories on the coronavirus crisis in Russia since day one. Our exclusives and on-the-ground reporting are being read and shared by many high-profile journalists.

We wouldn’t be able to produce this crucial journalism without the support of our loyal readers. Please consider making a donation to The Moscow Times to help us continue covering this historic time in the world’s largest country.