×
Enjoying ad-free content?
Since July 1, 2024, we have disabled all ads to improve your reading experience.
This commitment costs us $10,000 a month. Your support can help us fill the gap.
Support us
Our journalism is banned in Russia. We need your help to keep providing you with the truth.

MICEX Said to Bid for RTS

The MICEX Stock Exchange, the country’s largest bourse by volume, offered to buy Moscow rival RTS, Kommersant reported Monday, citing unidentified RTS shareholders approached by MICEX.

MICEX offered to buy 20 percent of RTS for $150 million and the remaining 80 percent via a share swap, the newspaper reported. The offer was made the same day RTS declared its intention to hold an initial public offering, the report said. 

(Bloomberg)


… we have a small favor to ask. As you may have heard, The Moscow Times, an independent news source for over 30 years, has been unjustly branded as a "foreign agent" by the Russian government. This blatant attempt to silence our voice is a direct assault on the integrity of journalism and the values we hold dear.

We, the journalists of The Moscow Times, refuse to be silenced. Our commitment to providing accurate and unbiased reporting on Russia remains unshaken. But we need your help to continue our critical mission.

Your support, no matter how small, makes a world of difference. If you can, please support us monthly starting from just $2. It's quick to set up, and you can be confident that you're making a significant impact every month by supporting open, independent journalism. Thank you.

Once
Monthly
Annual
Continue
paiment methods
Not ready to support today?
Remind me later.

Read more