From time to time, The Moscow Times recruits news writers, editors and production staff. If you have significant journalistic experience, a keen interest in current affairs and native or near-native Russian / English please get in touch.
Our email is: email@example.com
Current vacancies are listed below.
The Moscow Times is looking for an experienced and committed news reporter to create original content for our site. This is a full-time job based in Moscow. Deadline: 9 November 2020.
— Track news on Russian politics, society, business, economics and life.
— Pitch engaging stories to editors.
— Travel throughout Russia building contacts to provide a steady stream of original stories.
— Switch between writing spot news and features.
— Provide feedback and develop ideas within the team.
— At least two years' experience in journalism.
— The ability to write in a compelling and concise way.
— Advanced understanding of Russian politics and society.
— Native or near-native English.
— Excellent Russian.
— Willingness to work flexible hours.
— Experience in investigative reporting.
— Acquaintance with AP / Moscow Times style guides.
— Multimedia experience.
— Knowledge and understanding of Russian business and economy.
Social Media Editor
The Moscow Times is looking for a Digital Marketer to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. The candidate should have a good grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including native advertising, crowdfunding, social media, email and Google advertising campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Evaluate emerging technologies
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (1–3 years)
- Working knowledge of website analytics tools, preferably Google Analytics
- Good knowledge of Google AdExchange
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google ad campaigns (Google AdManager, Google Tag Manager)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Working knowledge of English
- Interest in the news media
Send your CV and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: "Digital Marketer")
The Moscow Times is recruiting an aspiring journalist for its new trainee program. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training over a one-year period.
After basic training, the trainee will contribute to the everyday functioning of the newsroom. They will be encouraged to research, pitch and report their own stories with the supervision of senior editors. There will be a monthly stipend.
You should apply if you are:
- interested in current affairs and independent journalism;
- a Russian citizen;
- 18 years old or over;
- a university graduate;
- confident in your English language skills;
- well-versed in social media and video.
Send your CV, cover letter and samples of your previously published work (written, multimedia, photography or otherwise) to: email@example.com (subject line “trainee.”)
We welcome story ideas from experienced freelance journalists who share our values and understand our editorial policies. Please send detailed pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Moscow Times offers a limited number of short editorial experience opportunities throughout the year. These placements are unpaid, voluntary and are usually at least three months in duration. To be considered for a placement please send your CV to email@example.com, indicating previous experience, current availability and which area of our journalism most interests you.