From time to time, The Moscow Times recruits news writers, editors and production staff. If you have significant journalistic experience, a keen interest in current affairs and native or near-native Russian / English please get in touch.
Our email is: email@example.com
Current vacancies are listed below.
Social media editor
The Moscow Times is looking for a Social Media Editor to manage the company's social media content.
You will be responsible for producing original text and video posts and engaging with our audience. You will manage The Moscow Times' image in a cohesive way to achieve our goals.
As Social Media Editor, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest news and social media practices. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to summarize our reporting in a catchy, attention-grabbing way. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence to bring our journalism to the widest audience possible.
After training, social media editors are also encouraged to pitch stories and contribute to the everyday functioning of the newsroom.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging news content daily (e.g. original text, photos and videos)
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with The Moscow Times' goals
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Oversee social media accounts’ design
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Hands-on experience managing social media pages with large followings, especially on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Excellent English-language skills
- A keen interest in news and current affairs
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Moscow Times is looking for a Digital Marketer to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. The candidate should have a good grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including native advertising, crowdfunding, social media, email and Google advertising campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Evaluate emerging technologies
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (1–3 years)
- Working knowledge of website analytics tools, preferably Google Analytics
- Good knowledge of Google AdExchange
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google ad campaigns (Google AdManager, Google Tag Manager)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Working knowledge of English
- Interest in the news media
Send your CV and salary requirements to: email@example.com (Subject: "Digital Marketer")
The Moscow Times is recruiting an aspiring journalist for its new trainee program. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training over a one-year period.
After basic training, the trainee will contribute to the everyday functioning of the newsroom. They will be encouraged to research, pitch and report their own stories with the supervision of senior editors. There will be a monthly stipend.
You should apply if you are:
- interested in current affairs and independent journalism;
- a Russian citizen;
- 18 years old or over;
- a university graduate;
- confident in your English language skills;
- well-versed in social media and video.
Send your CV, cover letter and samples of your previously published work (written, multimedia, photography or otherwise) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “trainee.”)
We welcome story ideas from experienced freelance journalists who share our values and understand our editorial policies. Please send detailed pitches to email@example.com.
The Moscow Times offers a limited number of short editorial experience opportunities throughout the year. These placements are unpaid, voluntary and are usually at least three months in duration. To be considered for a placement please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating previous experience, current availability and which area of our journalism most interests you.