From time to time, The Moscow Times recruits news writers, editors, and production staff. If you have significant journalistic experience, a keen interest in current affairs and native or near-native Russian / English please get in touch.
Our email is: email@example.com
Current vacancies are listed below.
The Moscow Times is recruiting an aspiring journalist for its new trainee program. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training over a one-year period.
After basic training, the trainee will contribute to the everyday functioning of the newsroom. They will be encouraged to research, pitch and report their own stories with the supervision of senior editors. There will be a monthly stipend.
You should apply if you are:
- interested in current affairs and independent journalism;
- a Russian citizen;
- 18 years old or over;
- a university graduate;
- confident in your English language skills.
- well-versed in social media and video
Send your CV, cover letter and samples of your previously published work (written, multimedia, photography or otherwise) to: applications@themoscowtimes (subject line “trainee.”)
Native Chinese social media intern
The Moscow Times is looking for a part-time social media intern to manage our newly launched WeChat account and help drive audience and subscriber growth.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Native-level fluency in Chinese
- A strong understanding of WeChat
- Fluency in English and Russian
- Writing and translating experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience at an agency or digital media company is strongly preferred
- Selecting and adapting content from our print edition for weekly posts on WeChat
- Using analytics tools to come up with new strategies and roll out new ideas
- There will also be the opportunity to write your own stories.
Please send your CV, including links to your social media accounts and/or personal blog, with a short
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Chinese intern”)
We welcome story ideas from experienced freelance journalists who share our values and understand our editorial policies. Please send detailed pitches to email@example.com.
The Moscow Times offers a limited number of short editorial experience opportunities throughout the year. These placements are unpaid, voluntary and are usually at least three months in duration. To be considered for a placement please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating previous experience, current availability and which area of our journalism most interests you.