From time to time, The Moscow Times recruits news writers, editors, and production staff. If you have significant journalistic experience, a keen interest in current affairs and native or near-native Russian / English please get in touch.
Our email is: email@example.com
Current vacancies are listed below.
The Moscow Times is looking for a Social Media Editor to manage the company's social media content.
You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our goals.
As a Social media editor, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest news and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
After training, social media editors are also encouraged to pitch stories and contribute to the everyday functioning of the newsroom.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging news content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Hands-on experience in content management
- Excellent English language skills
- A keen interest in news and current affairs
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
Send your CV and cover letter to: applications@themoscowtimes
Junior Digital Marketer
The Moscow Times is looking for a Junior Digital Marketer to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. The candidate should have a good grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including native advertising, social media, email and Google advertising campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Evaluate emerging technologies
- Proven working experience in digital marketing (1–2 years)
- Working knowledge of website analytics tools, preferably Google Analytics
- Good knowledge of Google AdExchange
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google ad campaigns (Google AdManager, Google Tag Manager)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Working knowledge of English
- Interest in the news media
Send your CV and salary requirements to: digital@themoscowtimes (Subject: "Junior Digital Marketer")
The Moscow Times is recruiting an aspiring journalist for its new trainee program. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training over a one-year period.
After basic training, the trainee will contribute to the everyday functioning of the newsroom. They will be encouraged to research, pitch and report their own stories with the supervision of senior editors. There will be a monthly stipend.
You should apply if you are:
- interested in current affairs and independent journalism;
- a Russian citizen;
- 18 years old or over;
- a university graduate;
- confident in your English language skills.
- well-versed in social media and video
Send your CV, cover letter and samples of your previously published work (written, multimedia, photography or otherwise) to: applications@themoscowtimes (subject line “trainee.”)
Native Chinese social media intern
The Moscow Times is looking for a part-time social media intern to manage our newly launched WeChat account and help drive audience and subscriber growth.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Native-level fluency in Chinese
- A strong understanding of WeChat
- Fluency in English and Russian
- Writing and translating experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience at an agency or digital media company is strongly preferred
- Selecting and adapting content from our print edition for weekly posts on WeChat
- Using analytics tools to come up with new strategies and roll out new ideas
- There will also be the opportunity to write your own stories.
Please send your CV, including links to your social media accounts and/or personal blog, with a short
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line “Chinese intern”)
We welcome story ideas from experienced freelance journalists who share our values and understand our editorial policies. Please send detailed pitches to email@example.com.
The Moscow Times offers a limited number of short editorial experience opportunities throughout the year. These placements are unpaid, voluntary and are usually at least three months in duration. To be considered for a placement please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating previous experience, current availability and which area of our journalism most interests you.