From time to time, The Moscow Times recruits news writers, editors and production staff. If you have significant journalistic experience, a keen interest in current affairs and native or near-native Russian / English please get in touch.
Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current vacancies are listed below.
Social Media and Video Editor
- Create short video content that can be used for our social media channels
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Work experience as a Social media manager
- Photoshop skills
- Hands-on experience in content management
- Excellent English language skills
- A keen interest in news and current affairs
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
The Moscow Times is recruiting an aspiring journalist for its new trainee program. The successful applicant will be given on-the-job training over a one-year period.
After basic training, the trainee will contribute to the everyday functioning of the newsroom. They will be encouraged to research, pitch and report their own stories with the supervision of senior editors. There will be a monthly stipend.
You should apply if you are:
- interested in current affairs and independent journalism;
- a Russian citizen;
- 18 years old or over;
- a university graduate;
- confident in your English language skills;
- well-versed in social media and video.
Send your CV, cover letter and samples of your previously published work (written, multimedia, photography or otherwise) to: email@example.com (subject line “trainee.”)
The Moscow Times offers a limited number of short editorial experience opportunities throughout the year. These placements are unpaid, voluntary and are usually at least three months in duration. To be considered for a placement please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating previous experience, current availability and which area of our journalism most interests you.